Maths doesn’t have to be miserable!
With Life of Fred, your children can enjoy maths and learn loads too!
This is the SECOND BOOK in the elementary series, and is suitable for children aged 5+.
4 in stock
The second book in the Life of Fred Elementary Series
Life of Fred is a series of math books that break of the old pattern of drill and kill. Instead of nothing but dry exposition and endless drill exercises, they contain fun stories about Fred Gauss, a child prodigy math genius. During his hilarious adventures, he encounters situations that call for solving math problems. Children actually want to read these books!
The stories carry on through the exercises, leading the student through them. Many of the books have a series of quizzes called Bridges every few chapters. Passing a quiz means the student is ready for the next chapter. Some books have all the problem solutions in them, while others have separate answer keys or companions.
The textbooks are all hardbound, not consumable workbooks. The answer keys are comb-bound.
In this beautiful hardback book, your children will learn:
- One Yard = 3 Feet,
- Numbers that Add to 9,
- Counting by twos,
- Reading 5:10 on a Clock,
- Facts about Butterflies, Chrysalis vs. Cocoon,
- Braces, Parentheses and Brackets, Christina Rossetti,
- Sheet Music for “But Not Alone,” Domenico Fetti’s Archimedes Thoughtful,
- Exclamation Points,
- Bad Things about Sugar, One Good Thing about Sugar,
- Marvin Stone’s Invention of the Paper Straw 1888,
- Orion’s Belt, Betelgeuse, Why Not Every Three Stars Can Make a Triangle,
- Reading 5:55 on a Clock,
- Book Signings, Why You Can Not Walk In a Room,
- Deliberate vs. Inadvertent,
- How to Say Toenail in German,
- Ordinal Numbers,
- Half Past Six,
- a Nubula is Not a Star, Light Years,
- the Alphabet Game,
- a Dozen,
- p.m. (post meridien),
- Sheet Music for “The Crash of the Bell Tower,”
- Quotation Marks inside of Quotation Marks,
- A Baker’s Dozen,
- Spine of a Book, Naissance, Lie vs. Lay,
- Whole Numbers, Cardinal Numbers,
- Trillion, Quadrillion and Quintillion,
- Kingie’s Brothers,
- States that Begin with the Letter M,
- Saying Thank You,
- Virgil’s Aeneid, History of Pizza, How to Set a Table.
This book is suitable for children aged 5+.