This is the THIRD BOOK in the Life of Fred elementary series.
Break the old pattern of drill and kill!
Maths doesn’t have to be miserable!
Suitable for children aged 5+.
Out of stock
The third book in the Life of Fred elementary series.
Life of Fred is a series of math books that break of the old pattern of drill and kill. Instead of nothing but dry exposition and endless drill exercises, they contain fun stories about Fred Gauss, a child prodigy math genius. During his hilarious adventures, he encounters situations that call for solving math problems. Children actually want to read these books!
The stories carry on through the exercises, leading the student through them. Many of the books have a series of quizzes called Bridges every few chapters. Passing a quiz means the student is ready for the next chapter. Some books have all the problem solutions in them, while others have separate answer keys or companions.
The textbooks are all hardbound, not consumable workbooks. The answer keys are comb-bound.
This delightful book will teach your child:
- Ursa Major (Big Bear),
- Cardinality of a Set,
- Loud Talkers, Hiring Freeze,
- One Quarter,
- Numerals vs. Numbers,
- Counting by Threes,
- Finding Patterns,
- Sheet Music for “Happy”, Four Basic Emotions,
- Right Angles,
- Quarter and Half Notes,
- Obligate Carnivores,
- Adjectives and Verbs,
- a Quarter to Three,
- the Mariana Trench, 5280 Feet in a Mile,
- Ferdinand Magellan’s Trip, What Pacific Means,
- Bacteria, Rabies in 300 B.C., Treating Cat Scratches,
- Capital Letters Start Sentences, Five Vowel Words: Mat, Met, Mit, Mot, Mut,
- Twenty-Two English Words That Don’t Contain a Vowel: By, Cry, . . . , Tryst, and Why,
- Numbers Expressed as Hundreds,
- Tens and Ones,
- Sexagesimal and Decimal Systems,
- Numbers that Add to 13,
- Morse Code, Four Major Oceans of the World,
- Centuries, Centenarians, and Centurions,
- Square Feet,
- Prepositional Phrases,
- 71 English Prepositions,
- One Meter,
- the Three Countries of the World that Don’t Primarily Use the Metric System.
- What Mathematicians Do,
- Prime Numbers,
- Less Than (<).