Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
Homeschooling is often challenging but homeschooling older children can be especially frustrating when you are juggling homeschooling with a 2 year at home! Almost every homeschool mum has been through this, you are not alone! So how can we try and balance the needs of everyone and ensure learning does happen even with toddlers wandering around grappling for your attention?
In Episode 64 of the Raising Mums podcast, I share ways to face the challenge of homeschooling with a toddler at home.
Homeschooling with a 2 year old, without losing your mind!
- Consider what motivates your 2 year old to behave that way? Does he want to join in? Is he curious? Is he lonely or bored?
- Create a consistent routine that your toddler will become used to.
- Set up the house for success: toddler proof the common areas, special toys for school hours, collect old workbooks for your toddler to reuse, and hide anything that can makes noise or a mess.
- Children can take turns to entertain their little brother or sister.
- Plan independent work for the older children.
- Learn to surrender to the chaos. Admit that this stage of homeschooling is hard, but it does come to an end. You can only do what you were meant to do. Submit to that.
To claim up to 30% OFF the Islamic Children’s App, MIRAJ STORIES CLICK HERE: https://ourmuslimhomeschool.com/miraj
Related: How to Homeschool with a Baby https://ourmuslimhomeschool.com/2019/01/homeschool-with-baby.html
Launch Your Homeschool is an online course that will hold your hand and walk you through the beginning stages of homeschooling, built upon the framework of the Charlotte Mason philosophy.
I teach you how to choose the right subjects for your homeschool, how to choose the right resources and plan out your year to create a homeschool experience that aligns with the values and beliefs of your family. Whether you are homeschooling in UK, or elsewhere in the world, this programme will help you give your children an incredible education at home.
I show you the essential teaching techniques that you’ll need to know to get started. There’s even an entire module on how to manage your time so you can still cook, keep the house tidy and take care of yourself, all whilst homeschooling your children!
Launch Your Homeschool enrolment is currently closed.
Doors open Summer 2022, insha’Allah.
Join the Waiting List here: https://ourmuslimhomeschool.com/courses
Peace and love,
Sarah Nasr01/06/2022 at 3:19 pm (1 year ago)
I wish I heard this when my toddler was 2 years old. I usually gave her the ipad when I am done doing activities with her. Now she is 4 and too attached to the ipad. We take long holidays as a family and we dont take the ipad with us. But this holiday she is always asking about it. Alyhough there is so much to be done. I am more worried about the academic year as it rolls and I start to get busy with her sisters. They tale roles playing with her after they are done with their i dependent study. When we do family time education she is always involved with us. I need advice on how to slowly limit the screen time for her. And wean her off it.