Among the countless benefits of homeschooling is flexible scheduling. This means your family has the freedom to learn whenever and wherever you want because the whole world is your classroom! Taking trips with your kids is not only great for learning and socializing but also for creating memories for the entire family. Unfortunately, sometimes, even with all the best intentions, things don’t go as expected. So how can you survive the setback?
This blog post may contain affiliate links. See Disclaimer for more information.
In Episode 65 of the Raising Mums podcast, I share some tips to get your family out and exploring.
Key Points to Remember:
- Taking trips, outside of your regular routine, creates memories and heart connections.
- Don’t discount the small – the joy lies in being together.
- Plan for the worst – pack well , research, prepare the children ahead.
- Be present with your children – not distracted by worry or stress, or your phone.
- Expect something to go wrong on your trip, and when it does know that walking through that difficulty together pulls you closer and makes your relationship with your kids stronger.
- And if you handle it well, it will amke their connection to Allah stronger too.
- When it goes wrong: make dua, encourage your children to make dua, be flexible, recall others who faced adversity, remeber verses of Quran or a Hadith.
To claim up to 30% OFF the Islamic Children’s App, MIRAJ STORIES CLICK HERE: https://ourmuslimhomeschool.com/miraj
Related: How to Homeschool with a 2-year-old https://ourmuslimhomeschool.com/2022/02/homeschooling-2-year-old.html
How to Start Homeschooling
Launch Your Homeschool is an online course that will hold your hand and walk you through the beginning stages of homeschooling, built upon the framework of the Charlotte Mason philosophy.
I teach you how to choose the right subjects for your homeschool, how to choose the right resources and plan out your year to create a homeschool experience that aligns with the values and beliefs of your family. Whether you are homeschooling in the UK, or elsewhere in the world, this programme will help you give your children an incredible education at home.
I show you the essential teaching techniques that you’ll need to know to get started. There’s even an entire module on how to manage your time so you can still cook, keep the house tidy and take care of yourself, all whilst homeschooling your children!
Launch Your Homeschool enrolment is currently closed.
Doors open Summer 2022, insha’Allah.
Join the Waiting List here: https://ourmuslimhomeschool.com/courses
Peace and love,