Maths doesn’t have to be miserable!
Bring joy back into your homeschool maths lessons with Life of Fred!
Apples is the FIRST BOOK in the elementary series, and is suitable for children aged 5+.
Out of stock
This is the first book in the Life of Fred Elementary Series
Life of Fred is a series of math books that break of the old pattern of drill and kill. Instead of nothing but dry exposition and endless drill exercises, they contain fun stories about Fred Gauss, a child prodigy math genius. During his hilarious adventures, he encounters situations that call for solving math problems. Children actually want to read these books!
The stories carry on through the exercises, leading the student through them. Many of the books have a series of quizzes called Bridges every few chapters. Passing a quiz means the student is ready for the next chapter. Some books have all the problem solutions in them, while others have separate answer keys or companions.
The textbooks are all hardbound, not consumable workbooks. The answer keys are comb-bound.
Through this beautiful hardback book, children will learn:
- Numbers that Add to 7,
- Circles, Ellipses,
- Reading 6:00 on a Clock,
- 5 + ? = 7,
- Days of the Week, Leap Years, Spelling February,
- Dressing for Cold Weather, 15 Degrees Below Zero (–15º),
- Deciduous Trees, Deciduous Teeth,
- Counting by Fives,
- 3x + 4x = 7x,
- Archimedes 287 B.C. Wrote The Sand Reckoner and Got Killed Being Rude,
- ante meridien (a.m.), Donner and Blitz in German,
- One Million,
- Euclid Wrote The Elements,
- Pacific and Atlantic Oceans,
- Whales Are Not Fish,
- The “There Are Zero . . .” Game,
- the Popularity of Zero,
- Why Boats Are Cheaper to Rent in the Winter,
- Herbivores and Carnivores,
- the Colours of the Rainbow,
- a King in Checkmate,
- the Story of the Titanic,
- ≠ (not equal),
- x + 4 = 7,
- One Thousand, Counting by Hundreds,
- Reading 3:05 on a Clock,
This book is suitable for children aged 5+.