Too often we spend our days drowning in homeschool comparison and looking for that next surefire thing that will magically bring us up to some self-imposed standard. Living in a social media-driven world makes this worse, it is the source of so much of our discontent. We now can compare and judge ourselves 24/7 with other in homeschools UK but also around the world. When we compare ourselves to what others are doing, have, or simply how they are, we are essentially making ourselves feel downright inadequate and deflated – with low self-esteem to match.
Listen to my advice on not letting comparison rob us of the joy of homeschooling and learn to appreciate ourselves and our differences.
In Episode 70 of the Raising Mums podcast, I discuss the reason why you’re not happy homeschooling and what you can do to overcome these feelings.
The key points to take away are:-
- Comparison robs you of clarity and gratitude. It makes you heedless of Allah.
- When you make a decision for a state of heedlessness, you will inevitably regret that decision.
- You lose compassion for others, and may even lose friends.
- Comparison sometimes disguises itself as looking for inspiration. Always question your intention for looking at the lives of others.
- Stay in your lane. Stop looking at what everyone else is doing. Use that energy to improve what you are doing with your children.
- Focus on your own children and what you can do to support them on this learning journey.
Get Hundreds of FREE Resources for Muslim Kids! JOIN OUR FREE RESOURCES LIBRARY HERE: https://ourmuslimhomeschool.com/library
How to BREAK your Homeschool: https://ourmuslimhomeschool.com/2022/03/homeschool-podcast.html
Stop Homeschool Confusion: https://ourmuslimhomeschool.com/2022/03/muslim-homeschool-decision.html
How to Start Homeschooling UK
Launch Your Homeschool is an online course that will hold your hand and walk you through the beginning stages of homeschooling, built upon the framework of the Charlotte Mason philosophy.
I teach you how to craft a curriculum for your homeschool, how to choose the right resources and plan out your year to create a homeschool experience that aligns with the values and beliefs of your family. Whether you are homeschooling in the UK, or elsewhere in the world, this programme will help you give your children an incredible education at home.
I show you the essential teaching techniques that you’ll need to know to get started. There’s even an entire module on how to manage your time so you can still cook, keep the house tidy and take care of yourself, all whilst homeschooling your children!
Launch Your Homeschool enrolment is currently closed.
Doors open Summer 2022, insha’Allah.
JOIN THE WAITING LIST Here: https://ourmuslimhomeschool.com/courses
Peace and love,