Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
At one time or another in our home education journey, many of us deal with a well-known doubt in ourselves that we call imposter syndrome. It can come in many forms, and it usually hits you when you’re discouraged, stressed, or on the way to burnout. It’s that constant feeling that you might be doing something wrong when home educating. How do we overcome homeschool Imposter syndrome especially when it is causing unnecessary stress in an already stressful world?
In Episode 77 of the Raising Mums podcast, I share how to change your negative mindset about home education.
- The way we speak to ourselves informs the actions we take.
- Negative thinking such as, “You don’t know what you’re doing,” “You’re not good enough,” and “Those mums are so much better than you,” causes you to make poor decisions about the education of your children.
- Feeling like a fraud leads you to compromise your values and what is true to you, so try to be someone else or please the people around you.
- You do not need to wait until an imaginary day in the future when you’ve got it “all figured out” to feel like a homeschooler. You can enjoy home education TODAY!
- Because the way you think about home education directly correlates with how you feel.
- If you want to feel better then change the way you think.
Related: Can I Homeschool if I’m NOT a Teacher? HERE: https://ourmuslimhomeschool.com/2021/07/can-i-homeschool-if-im-not-a-teacher.html
Related: Why You’re NOT Happy Homeschooling | Homeschool UK HERE: https://ourmuslimhomeschool.com/2022/03/not-happy-homeschool-uk.html
How to Start Homeschooling UK
Launch Your Homeschool is an online course that will hold your hand and walk you through the beginning stages of homeschooling, built upon the framework of the Charlotte Mason philosophy.
I teach you how to craft a curriculum for your homeschool, how to choose the right resources and plan out your year to create a homeschool experience that aligns with the values and beliefs of your family. Whether you are homeschooling in the UK, or elsewhere in the world, this programme will help you give your children an incredible education at home.
I show you the essential teaching techniques that you’ll need to know to get started. There’s even an entire module on how to manage your time so you can still cook, keep the house tidy and take care of yourself, all whilst homeschooling your children!
Launch Your Homeschool enrolment is currently closed.
Doors open July 2022, insha’Allah.
JOIN THE WAITING LIST –> https://ourmuslimhomeschool.com/courses
Peace and love,